Website: http:// ourland3.tripod.com
Dear local representatives of the people,
The following list of resolutions of an
large open public meeting in Colac on Thursday 20th March are being addressed
to you because that meeting sought to eng
All of the following listed resolutions were passed overwhelmingly at a public meeting where most of the 140 citizens voted. The intention of the local interested persons who organised the meeting was to open up debate on the proposal to deny many existing multiple uses and create a very large National park over the Otways.
Over 8 panel members from a variety of
backgrounds and viewpoints were asked to speak. You and your representative body members and
supporters are encour
“This meeting resolves that the State government should:
1. Rescind its decision to impose a non-use policy on all state forest reserves.
2. Recognise that we are fed up with the distorting influence of ill-informed green zealots on your decisions.
4. Not extend the existing National
Parks and man
5. Find a more sustainable way to keep roads and access open.
This meeting also resolves to express its deep frustration at
Government’s failure to properly support and respect the wisdom of the highly
qualified citizens who use and man
7. This meeting rejects the
assumption that the cost-benefit of the proposed closures to the tax payers of
8. This meeting moves that copies of all the resolutions passed be forwarded to local government and other interested bodies within the region.
Note for Council members: Nearly all of the
local Colac Otway Shire Council members and several adjoining Council
representatives attended the meeting. A wide range of viewpoints were put